Sunday, September 21, 2008

Exhibit A

This is Exhibit A: (otherwise known as my butt)
Apparently, the forces aligned so that it happened to be in the headlights of my sons' quad while someone was holding the camcorder (I'm assuming they thought it was off since my rear end was on the screen for a good 8 minutes & was followed by several more minutes of shoes & concrete.)
Now, putting a picture of my spotlighted rump on the internet is a fairly bold move on my part, but I figured, "Hey, I just happen to have documentation... I might as well post it." My butt is one of the many obvious reasons that I am working towards losing weight. It used to fit into a pair of jeans 10 sizes smaller. I didn't just magically gain 10 sizes overnight. They kind of snuck up on me. When I noticed that my clothes were fitting a little snugger or had a "dressing room moment" when it hit me like a punch in the gut that I needed to get the next size up, I would simply think, It could be worse. At least it doesn't look like this:"
Photobucket
The reality is though, I can't let myself keep "inching" my way up size after size. I've let my easygoing, casual way of thinking carry over to my body and it's not any healthier than being anorexic is. When I realize (while watching the video of my son's birthday party) that my backside is the center of the camcorder's attention and I'm mortified not at the camera man's aim but at my lack of aim for health- I want my trim waistline & heart shaped hiney back! So... yeah, just throwing it out there. Thanks to whoever was holding the camera for this wake-up call! Even though it was painful.... *sigh*

3 comments:

J. Baxter said...

I really didn't think the picture looked bad at all, if that makes you feel any better. In fact, I thought things were looking pretty good:)

But, since this sight is all about motivation let me just say Go Natalie! You can go down one size at a time too:)

Maren said...

I feel your pain Natalie! I too, used to be a 6 (when I met TGH) and after 7 kids and 8 pregnancies, I am a 14. I am with you! Go skinny pants! Let's do it. I don't want to "look good for someone who has 7 kids". I just want to look GOOD.:)

Kristina P. said...

Natalie, I don't know if you'll see this hear, but for some reason, your new blog posts on your other blog will show up in my Reader, but there are no posts on your blog. It's just a sidebar, and a blank page. I want to comment, so I'm just letting you know I'm here. :)