Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sweet Victory!

I am proud to announce that today was a good day. The siege is officially back on, and I can feel those little breath-holding fat cells withering away with the effort even as we speak. I also have to say that knowing I was committed to writing this post really helped the war effort. My day went something like this:

Breakfast - a meal I usually don't want, but force myself to eat because "they" say you should. On this particular day, things were so hectic as I tried to get my little kids settled so I could do school drop-off and go to work, I almost forgot breakfast entirely. Then, at the last possible second I remembered that all important meal and grabbed a Weight Watchers 1 point yogurt out of the fridge, courtesy of Wal-mart yesterday. It wasn't bad. It also wasn't very filling.

Lunch - thanks to the accountability brought on by this post, I cast away all evil thoughts of pizza, and confined myself to a SMALL chicken salad, (did I mention that is was really, really small?) and a bag of light popcorn.

Snack - my babysitter made cookies, and I had three. The only three that were left. You may think I should have abstained, (or not eaten all three), but when you consider that I didn't bake a whole other batch so I could eat my usual baker's dozen, you are bound to be proud of me. Again, thank you accountability.

Dinner - a couple of baked burritos and a few bites of corn. And then another burrito left on someones plate. I love baked burritos. I could probably eat a baker's dozen of these too, so this also was a victory.

And now it is time for bed, and I will not be eating anything else today. It feels so good to be back on track (yes, this is a pretty typical food day for me), and by the end of the week I should be feeling good enough for some kind of sweet reward.

But not an entire bag of oreos eaten in under two hours. The desired weight zone has to be COMPLETELY official before I take those kind of risks. And do I really do that?

You betcha. What would life be without the occasional oreo binge? I know mine would be an empty, lonely, sorry place. So. Three weeks from now, the siege should be over, the zone official, and the oreos on the menu.

Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Congratulations on the siege! Although... I totally envy your metabolism because even though you ate a weight watchers yogurt and a SMALL chicken salad (excellent choices) you still ate 3 cookies and 3 burritos you lucky girl! My diet is more like a 90 calorie yogurt for breakfast, a 200 calorie slim-fast shake for lunch, a 70 calorie apple for a snack, and a 200 calorie can of soup for dinner. I rarely get the recommended minimum 1200 calories a day and my lard is anything but melting off! My fat cells must be able to hold their breath for a record long time.

Maren said...

I am thinking of you often...esp while I eat my veggies and healthy food! I also am reading the book you mentioned, Feelings buried...I love it! Good luck!

Mommy In Pink said...

Good luck in your weight adventure! I gained 60 lbs with my dd and I am struggling to get these pounds off. I need some inspiration to get my butt back in shape!

tiki_lady said...

congrats! I love that you shared what you ate. I can do that. I can eat those things. LOL
i'm getting on a health kick, too. I just want to be more fit